The Abbott Leadership institute offers an array of workshops designed to empower parents to help create better schools for their children and hold school leaders accountable, by becoming a partner in their child’s education.
Contact us to schedule a workshop, or series of workshops, for your school or district.
LIST OF TRAININGS
- Ten Tips for the Empowered Parent – How to Ensure Your Child’s Educational Needs Are Met.
- Parent Outreach 101- How to Educate, Engage and Empower Your Parents.
- The Power of Parents – Five Ways You Can Organize to Help Your School Meet its Educational Goals.
- Using Community Resources to Empower Your Family.
- Special Education 101 - Understanding Your Rights as a Special Needs Parent.
- Parents as Partners in Extended Learning Time.
- Getting Your Child College Ready.
- What do Good Schools Offer?
- Organizational Development for Parent Organizations.
- Conflict Resolution: The Art and Science of Negotiations.
- Strategic Thinking – Parent Organizations.
- The Power of the Youth to Make Change.
- Derailing the Jailhouse Train (PowerPoint presentation for adults and youth).
- Slavery Don’t Need No Chains (PowerPoint presentation for adults and youth).
- The Dynamic Triangle of Change (Workshop for parents and/or students).
- The Power of the Media (PowerPoint presentation for adults and youth).
*Certificates of completion will be awarded to all participants upon completion of three workshops
and assigned activities.
Schedule your Workshop today! Become a partner in your child’s education. Submit this form or contact us (973) 353-3560.